Monday, May 19, 2014

Project update and other stuff

 My project fell flat. It looked like poo so I decided not to give it. I was a bit sad about it but there ya go. I was attempting to make a gift box out of some salvaged pallet wood but not all the slats were the same thickness and, since I don't have a thickness planer, there wasn't much I could do about it. maybe someday.
 I did manage to get my compact router table built and usable so that's a plus! I build the router lift based on images from ibuildit.ca. This was a bit more difficult that I thought it would be as I had to reverse-engineer the thing from pictures of the finished product. The router table was a salvaged piece of counter top that is very nice and should work well. I got *a* fence built for it but I'll likely build a different one once I get a chance as the one I have now doesn't really work great.
 In other news, I got to run lights for Bad Agent, A local band that plays at the theater I do stuff with. It was a really good show and I had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment