Monday, June 2, 2014

Finishing (not done)

Today I got the drawers built for the desk. I would have liked to have used some good quality 1/2 ply for the drawer sides but I couldn’t find any, so I used a 1/4 sheet of OSB that I got from a construction site.

I put another 1/4 sheet of OSB for a temporary work table so I could more easily coat the legs.

I also made and put on the edge banding on the desk top.

Sadly, all my polyurethane went solid to the point were it was unusable. But, apparently, at some point in the past I found or bought a can of satin finish brushing lacquer and there was still about 1/2 can left! So, I’ll be using that.

Almost there…

No comments:

Post a Comment